Trying for a fall crop this year.

So I got everything in the ground earlier this spring. Which was nice. It lead to a heavy early harvest which is now tapering out… except for the squash, which I’m starting to get pretty sick of. So, I figured I’d try to do a fall harvest this year. But, I needed to get stuff in the ground just a little bit before I had the space. So I decided to start everything in little seed containers on the porch sills.

Brilliant idea. Poor execution. I didn’t realize how qickly they would germinate, grow, hit the top, and die/mold. Useful idea if executed better next year.

Round two seems to have been more successful:

I let them have a little more space and didn’t cover them, and most seemed to do better.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s